mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
29/10/07 06:50 AM
Re: Pedersoli Howdah - ***Photos Added ***

Tom,

I fully agree with you. Its just that these guns look like a fun companion gun to have to a Pedersoli double rifle - the name used by Pedersoli is inapt and so is the design from the many posts criticising it here. I guess Pedersoli got carried away because in today's smokeless era a 50 cal is a "big" calibre. Illinois state legislators even tried to ban 50 cal muzzleloaders recently and they may well try to do this again in 2008, so Pedersoli are not the only nut cases with these ideas, I guess.

One fine gentleman who tried to revive the Howdah Gun idea in the late 70s was Lee Jurras and I had some communication with him some time ago. A really nice man and he used Contender frames to build some really nice looking guns. Then, J D Jones took over and he has been making Contenders and Encores and Hamilton Bowen being another great genius would have decided to build Howdah Revolvers using his revolver making expertise... Would you have any pictures of Mr Bowen's Howdah Revolvers? Please do post them here if you do.

Thanks and good hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com