400NitroExpress
(.400 member)
10/09/07 05:06 AM
Re: Beretta Double Rifles

Quote:

Quote:

No, the Oryx is a conventional bonded core soft. It isn't an H section or solid shank bullet, so no problem there.

400NE

Quote:

... and Nosler Partition bullets ...

But the Nosler Partitions also used as mentioned above are a H section bullet. Maybe you or another could comment on whether this is an issue (ie using H section/solid shank bullets) in double rifles? Thanks.

John:

I strongly believe that some partition type bullets can be a problem. Ross Seyfried has said the same thing. He wrote that he won't use any mono, solid shank, or H section bullet in a double. I've never tried the Nosler in a double rifle, so don't know if they're a problem. Likewise, I see no earthly need to find out - there are plenty of fine bonded core softs available. I did buy some Swift A-Frames once and ended up giving them away rather than using them in the intended double. The center of the H section of that bullet is incredibly hard.

Of course, any solid shank bullet, or any bullet with a particulary hard H section presents essentially the same problem as a mono, as they all resist compression in the bore. Mac is a friend, but I disagree STRONGLY about the use of the so-called driving band monos in a double rifle.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com