watto
(.275 member)
02/09/07 09:43 PM
Re: Recommendations needed for an entry level DR in 9.3x74r

G'day all.

I was in the same position as the originator of this thread looking for a economical entry level DR.
Another member of this site kindly offered for me to try a few shots with his Baikal U & O 9.3 x 74,
which I accepted most gratefully (thanks again W) As he pointed out it might not look quite as pretty as the Fabarm futuristic look, but it will probably do anything else just as well and it has 2 triggers. Well after trying it that was the way I went and at $1,250Au I believe it to be a pretty good buy. That allowed me to also purchase a 16 bore cape gun circa 1870 something as well to satisfy for the moment my desire for a SxS.

I shot both for the first time at the weekend but only had time for a quick sighting in of the 9.3.
Initial siters at 25mtrs were directly over each other vertically and I made a quick sight adjustment
making the center of the 2 holes about an inch high at that range. I will do more with it as I have time including chronographing. I am loading 286gn Woodleigh PP with 54.5 gn of ADI 2208 (Varget)

All the best, Ian.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com