Spring
(.300 member)
23/08/07 04:49 AM
Re: Beretta Double Rifles

I have really loved mine; it's a very well-made gun and highly accurate. Here's a description of mine by Lewis Drake:

Beretta "Model 455"

Best self-opening sidelock double rifle in .470 N.E. Weight 11 1/4 lbs. Stock dimensions: 14 ¾"x 1 ¼"x 2 ¼"x 1/8" cast-off. Superb 26" chopper-lump "Bohler Steel" barrels with ¼ rib and 50yd. fixed/100yd. flip-up rear sight and ramp front sight. Bores absolutely 100% mint. Worlds finest reinforced, self-opening, Holland and Holland action with double underlugs, Holland hidden third fastener, bushed firing pins, ejectors, double triggers with articulated front trigger, non-automatic safety, and hand detachable side locks. Minimally engraved and gold inlaid case hardened action and locks are flawlessly finished and of superlative quality. Figured pistol-grip stock with rubber recoil pad and case hardened steel trap door compartment in the toe of the butt for two spare rounds of ammo. Splinter forend with lever release. I can't say enough about the overall quality and feel of this magnificent firearm except to say that it is the equal of any double rifle by any maker I have ever owned and it shoots just as good as it looks. If I were going after dangerous game on any continent this is a rifle I would not hesitate to take. Replacement cost well in excess of $**,****.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com