maddenwh
(.224 member)
01/08/07 08:01 PM
Re: New Double Cartridge needed??

400nitroexpress- I am well aware that my hypothetical cartridge and the 350 No.2 are ballistically similar and that, if, hypothetically, someone did invent a new double caliber they would not be coming up with anything that had original ballistics. But, just b/c the ballistics were the same, it doesn't mean that a hypothetical gun maker couldn't go ahead and "INVENT" a new caliber with the same ballistics. If you are going to get into a war of language with me, I'll be happy to dance. It's what I do for a living. Now, if I've misinterpreted your intentions as hostile, I apologize and completely agree with your statement that no new cartridge is needed. I also commend you on your knowledge of double cals. I think that between my 9.3X74r chapuis double and my 416 rigby merkel double, there is nothing on this continent or any other that could not be handled effectively or even over zealously. Basically, one big bore, and one medium bore are all one needs to hunt the world. You might even be able to argue that with reloading and with something like a 416, 450/400, or 500/416, one could hunt anyhting with one rifle. Doubles do however, limit distances at which game should responsably be shot from.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com