hoppdoc
(.400 member)
21/06/07 11:50 AM
Re: New Double Cartridge needed??

Gee Whiz guys,

Think of the possibilities!!

Is a Double the best platform for shooting game at 250+ yards??

Absolutely not,but it would be different and STILL work up close.Drive your buddies with the bolts bonkers!!

Can it be done and regulated with a medium caliber round at faster velocities than are shot currently for a flatter trajectory and increased hit probability? I think so. The difference of a 286 gr 9.3x74R at 2200 vs a 180 gr at 2500 is 7 inches drop at 300. At 2600 fps it would be over 8 inches!! This could be the difference between a hit and a miss on western game.At close range your Double would probably have a faster 2nd shot.

You could do wildcats in 30 cal and 338 cal for wide bullet selection.If not revive an older cartridge at faster velocities.

Scopes for this setup could be dead on at 100yds with the TDS "bars" or similar Leupold scope for holdover at distance.That would not screw up your closer range shooting from 150 yds in.This scope system could even be used on slower velocity Double cartridges already out there.

I think the concept is possible.Maybe one day I'll get to try it for real on some of those young hunters who swear by their magnum cartridges!! It would be great fun!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com