NONE
(.300 member)
01/02/04 04:47 AM
Re: Would this work?

I don't see the battery issue as a concern. IPSC shooters might be a bit complacent about their sites as there targets don't shoot back, IPSC at one time was practical combat shooting it has since become simply another contest against a clock and not as much focus on the implications of complacency such as replacing a battery before a weekend of shooting.

I can assure you I have used these sites on working firearms for many years were a problem could be life threatening and never would consider the battery to be a concern. Some of my team mates still active have carried these sites in special services for ten or more years and this is a group that will not tolerate failure on a wepond system and continue to use it.

As has been stated the latest rendition of batteries last for over a year in this type of site with average use and I have on many occasions left my site turned on by accident over night and still shot the entire week off the same battery, a week were eight plus hours of shooting a day are routine. I have as to date never had a issue with any of my C-more systems or the batteries life.

Simply replace the battery at the start of the Safari and you have no worries. Damage to the exposed site would be of my only concern in the reliability of the system and the only problems I have seen with them was damage by literally smashing the site.

James F. Nixon III

Contact Us NitroExpress.com