dnovo
(.333 member)
11/05/07 10:40 AM
Re: Best ejector/extractor

I don't know. I find the ones in my DRs all work equally well, and one type is just as much of a pain in the a** as another at the range.

I would point out that one of my absolute favorite DRs, and the one that is clearly the most carefully engineered (and unique in shape and action) is my George Hoening Rotoray Round action in 9.3X74R. George, who is the consummate craftman and spent his entire career leading up to the production of what he envisioned as the perfect DR uses extractors, not ejectors, in this gun. I have no complaints about 'lack of speed' in reloading. Of course, I haven't used it on anything more fearsome than a pair of enraged 'coon bent on trashing the garbage can at the range at my friend's farm. Neither was able to charge me or my friend who had the ejector DR before I was able to reload and take down number two. (Okay, hardly a fair test, my friend didn't get off a shot, he was laughing too hard and the second critter wasn't exactly charging, he was running. You'd be surprised at what a Norma 286gr load will do to a full sized trash bandit at about 30 yards.) Dave

Contact Us NitroExpress.com