hobbyguymaine
(.224 member)
31/03/07 11:54 PM
Re: ?Double Rifle winning bids at last wknd's auction?

Pilgrim, So sorry, hopefully another 30-30 DR will show up in the near future. I'm spending a long weekend down at my brother's in south Jersey over the Easter holiday - partly to just visit and gab, and partly to use his small lathe and mill to create my monoblock and fit my 30-40 barrels.

I'm still waiting for Amoskeag to eventually post the "Prices Realized PDF" on auction #58, but without a catalog from that auction have no way of referencing sale price on the Pedersoli Kodiak 8x57JRS without it's particular Item #. If you or anyone else here has the #58 catalog I'd sure appreciate that item # for future reference when the "Prices" PDF is finally released, as I nearly ditched (or sidelined!) all my DR building plans to attend the auction to bid on the Pedersoli due this fixation of mine with outside hammer DRs!

A properly proofed Pedersoli would've likely been a step up from my proposed Brazilian Rossi bulds, and 8x57JRS caliber certainly suitable for my needs, though would've necessitated new dies and reloading components, certainly less common and more expensive than 30-40 also! At this stage of the game it's academic anyway, but w/presale est of $8-1,200-! I'll feel better if I find it sold for $1,500- plus, will just feel better knowing, one way or another!

Thanks, Joe(hobbyguymaine)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com