atkinson6
(.375 member)
26/01/04 04:10 AM
Re: Homogenious bullets and doubles

I will only shoot Woodleighs in my English doubles...

I have no problem shooting GS flat nose solids and Bridgers flat nose solid monolithics in my Searcy rifle...

These bullets have the pressure rings and actually build less pressure than the woodlighs according to my chronograph, but the Searcy is made of modern steel and that is a plus plus...It also shoots 1" or better at 50 yards, usually touching both bullets...

My friend and PH Johan Calitz has been shooting the FN solids in his Searcy double for about 8 or 9 years, whenever GS started producing and has killed many many elephants, buffalo and Lion with them....

Bridgers, John McMorrow makes a solid copper flat nose solid with pressure rings and it is designed for doubles...I use only solids to hunt dangerous game in my Searcy .470...as I did with my several 450-400s a caliber I dearly love.

I shot the GS FN Solids in my 450-400 without incident,and I shot a lot of them, but they have pressure rings and they shot very well and I hunted with them extensively...the rings make a difference...I would not use a Barnes, BarnesX, or any other monolithic without pressure rings...

Today I use only Bridger Bullets FN solid copper solids as they work and they are available...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com