hobbyguymaine
(.224 member)
15/03/07 01:57 AM
Double Rifles at upcoming auction!

Just noticed these in an "Auction 3/24 Manchester NH" post on Leverguns, close enough to home here in Maine but I'm now so committed to building at least one, and if it proofs okay, at least one more and hopefully a third also, that most of my money is tied up in barrels, parts, potential donor Rossi hammer shotguns, with more required - Pray for Me!, and for a successful proof firing!!!!!!!!!!

"Amoeskeg auction is March 24th, ... but with so many collectors that go to the March auction its usually a bidding war." Listed under "Modern Double Guns": "Pedersoli Model 1878 Kodiak Hammer Double Rifle", under "Antique Double Guns": "Fine London Hammer Double Rifle by J. Lang & Co.; W. Richards Bar in Wood Double Hammergun; Parker Lifter Hammer Double with custom drilling style third barrel added."

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by bringing these guns and the auction to everyone's attention - never know where the bidding will go.

Good Luck, Joe(hobbyguymaine)

P.S. - If anyone researches deeper into those DRs being offered, or attends the auction, please share here - I'm sure that I'm not the only one interested.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com