mickey
(.416 member)
22/01/04 04:33 PM
How do you Sex a Rifle???

I've always considered rifles to have sex. Not with each other but as an entity. A Double Rifle can be ether Male or Female and, to me it depends on the feel. A bulky 500, 577 or 600 ought to be Male. They are a handful, thick, stout, strong. Manly.

Bore Guns are also Male. Again stout and strong come to mind. Most of them have that underlever thing that swings out. Manly.

A 470 or smaller can be either. Mostly though I think they are female. Long slim barrels, a thin middriff, that cute little lever you push to make it work and a finely grained and perfectly proportioned butt, complete with soft pad. They can also be finicky about what they are fed, and in some cases a real bitch to deal with. Add to the fact that they look really nice all dolled up and you have a feminine rifle. Womanly, lovely to look at and a joy to hold.

Bolt Actions. There okay, and obvioulsly Male with that thing sticking out of the middle of them. I understand that some guys on AR like to play with them but let's not go there.

Lever Actions and Pumps just confuse me.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com