sakmyk
(.224 member)
16/01/07 10:24 AM
Re: Guns sold under other maker's name

Thanks for the reference Marrakai!

As you mentioned Rodda has been a substantial company indeed. None of the firm's catalogues prior to 1928 have been seen, but their centenary catalogue of 1930 listed altogether 103 models of longarms (including 11 models of double rifles) and 20 models of handguns. And furthermore, these 123 gun and rifle models came in various calibres and bores!

I have another source, which states that Rodda actually had a factory in Birmingham since 1890 - Seems that I have to dig deeper to find how it really was. However, even though this was true, it is most probable that the majority of their products have been made by other makers or subcontractors.

I visited H&H London gunroom a couple of years ago, and in their book section I held that Beaumont's hardback as well as many other fine books in my hands... As always, it was only my limited funds that kept me from carrying an armful of that fine literature out of there. Let's hope that someone has the book at hand to be able to check out this issue.

Regards,
Saku

Contact Us NitroExpress.com