Pilgrim
(.275 member)
11/11/06 10:01 AM
Re: chapuis DR

I haven't worked off of sticks as of yet. At least not for more than a couple of shots as a sort of "familiarization" kinda deal. When I finally get my act together on technique I expect little to no trouble settling on loads. Then it will be time to get down to "serious" (yeah, right ) practice in all kinds of positions including offhand and off of "sticks".

FWIW - I had the triggers lightened and the buttstock cheek lowered a smidgeon. The triggers were on the order of 8# on the front and 12# or more for the rear. The stock was also too high for me to use the open sights properly. I suspect keeping my cheek out of harms way was the reason I was able to get good groups immediately (see my earlier post re: technique). In any case, without the trigger work, the ability to actually work on loads and accuracy was pretty poor. One other thing that surprised me was the extremely short throw on the tang safety between on & off. I doubt it moves much more than 1/16". It's not a problem once you get used to it, but was sure enough a surprise compared to my experience with my other previous tang safety equipped firearms.

Pilgrim

Contact Us NitroExpress.com