tinker
(.416 member)
03/11/06 05:59 AM
Re: definition, please.

Mac-

Good note.
I've been waiting to see -in the flesh- one of these Pedersoli SxS rifles that actually shoots well.
I've seen from time to time reports of accurate, regulated Pedersoli double rifles, and wonder when one will surface at a range or hunting trip when I'm there to see it.

Over the past few years I've seen somewhere around five or six of them in this part of the world and have heard of a couple of others.
I just haven't seen one of them put both barrels in the same group over the same sight -- I think the best shooting one I've seen puts the barrel groups three inches apart side to side and six inches apart vertically.

Also, about half of them had issues with the hammers not properly aligning with the firing pins or problems with the firing pins binding in their collets or in the actions -- all of those had firing pin holes that were eccentric to the bushing bores.

I don't have much of a great attitude about them, and for the sake of the guys I've seen with them out this way, am envious of y'all who ended up with good shooting rifles.

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com