NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
21/09/06 01:17 AM
Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR

500grains

Good post.

For me personally I like my doubles for what they are meant to be used for. Hunting large dangerous game and also quick shooting at closer ranges perhaps at moving game.

From my recent safari I can sure say it gives one a lot of confidence to have a large bore double when approaching a large game species, potentially dangerous, at close range. Especially when he or she has lots of buddies hanging around as well. The second barrel gives a lot of cofidence is the first shot is not perfect or if the buddies join in. The larger bore also gives confidence that at least the target will be downed as well if the shot is not an instant killer and break bones etc.

My .450 with FMJ regulates very well and is quite accurate, however with SPs I still need to improve the loads. Hasn't stopped me from using them though.

I dream of also having an accurate flat shooting double loading in some calibre so the versatility is increased however. And not having to pay excess baggage on a second rifle for this purpose!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com