gatsby
(.375 member)
19/09/06 05:33 AM
Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's

500 Nitro,
Lost sight of the reason and fun, me no! I sometimes can't believe how much wonder and pleasure an inanimate object can give. The power of these old guns is truley astonishing. The care taken in every step of assembly and manufacture. I have been told that if originally owned by the noble or elite, the Kings, princes and Nizams probably had little regard for their weapons as they were just another of many possesions. Now a great deal of them have fallen into the hands of the truely appreciative, caregivers and admirers. Give me a 8 or 10 dram gun that will shoot into a pie plate at 50 to 100yds over a synthetic 1/2moa gun. Who has owned them, where have they been? I often think about the artisans who made these guns, did they, would they have any idea that their creations would still be in use 100 years later. What would they think to find out that the gun they had made for some count had found its way to the low deserts of CA. for use on pigs and chukar or was/will still be on its way to Africa? No I haven't lost sight of the reason I own these guns. I just hope the next owners value them and get as much pleasure from them as I have.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com