Rusty
(.333 member)
19/09/06 01:41 AM
Re: Have we lost sight of the reason and fun of DR's

I can only speak for my ownself and give you my observations based on the folks who showed up for the DRSS Hunt in August.

Speaking for me. . . .No, I haven't lost sight of the reason and fun of Double Rifles!

Judging by the smiles and attitudes of those attending the DRSS Hunt, I don't think they have either.

Most of the tack driving/MOA/rimless high pressure round oglers are those who haven't had an opporunity to experience the true delight of double rifle chambered in a flanged round or that ends in the words "Nitro Express".

The basic principle of a double rifle is to hunt dangerous game! They are designed to deliver two large caliber bullets at modest velocity and pressure, with ease of extraction or ejection, in tropical heat, at close range.

Nothing points or comes to your shoulder easier than a good double rifle! I try to find excuses to hunt with my 450/400 3 inch, every chance I get. It has brought back the pleasure and pure enjoyment of stallking game to get up close. What a thrill!

My next double rifle I hope will be a 9.3X74R topped with a scope and claw mounts! That will have me set for just about everything I need!
Just my opine!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com