empirevr
(.375 member)
16/09/06 07:09 AM
Re: 8 bore vs 4 bore

Kind sirs.......

Yes i will admit that $4,500 is low for a nitro,yet not for a BP....

I know of several sites with BP guns for such prices, and less...... an Isaac Hollis .577 for £1,600/$3,200.....

Same but by Scott for $4,000 in better(brilliant) condition.....

Various .500x3" BPE's from £1,300-£2,000/$2,600-$4,000.....

Are you being given raised prices i wonder due to transport and rarity in the US and Canada?

I have often planned......to visit India,part of the Empire at one time,and Calcutta, where i have noticed that it may be very likely to find much great treaures......bests,made for Maharajas.....down to lovely strong guns made for work. The place is full of them.

But this is a dream,and that of a busy man.

I thankyou both for your kind information, i will be ringing this smith tomorrow to see what they have to say upon the matter.....i have many doubts that it is a nitro,but being of sound mind and body i shall of course be making proceedures to purchase it if it is the genuine article. I shall simply make a visit to my brother in London and go on from there.....

Either way,i shall still be buying an 8 gauge gun.

Daryl,you are right,but at such prices ones dreams become much more of a reality.....its only when one asks for a 4 bore rifle or .600 NE that ones dreams become nothing more than that which they are!

IF any of you are in the market for something,feel free to inform me of what and i shall gladly try to help.....just as you have helped me here.

And no,i do not want fees and such, being thanked is fine.

Perhaps in return someone may know of a great priced 8 gauge shotty? i know these can be cheap,and are of much less interest to many of you.

Thankyou

Ben

Contact Us NitroExpress.com