JohnTheGreek
(.300 member)
11/09/06 04:25 AM
Re: BEST ENTRY LEVEL 470 DOUBLE--PREFERENCES??

I hesitate to bring this up....but....It seems like Butch's warranty gets a whole lot of press so I guess I will. Knock on wood and God forbid anything like this should occur but it seems to me like Searcy's company is effectively a one man show. Given this, should anything happen to Butch, that great warranty that clearly exists now and everyone enjoys is pretty much out the window as the company itself may or may not survive such an event. In contrast, a Chapuis, Merkel or Heym will ALWAYS have an place to be serviced, provide parts, re-stock, ship a new case or perform warranty service since the company itself is not reliant upon pretty much one guy to keep the orders coming in and the guns going out to customers with a high level of confidence in an established builder.

Again, not trying to be morbid or wish ill on anyone but just pointing out the way I see things when it comes to warrantys from small businesses. Incidentally, this doesn't just pertain to Searcy but more than a few other European DR builders I know of.

JMHO,

John

Contact Us NitroExpress.com