500Nitro
(.450 member)
07/09/06 05:59 AM
Re: Ahh...

Tinker

Yes, I did notice the circles. The thing is that the proof marks on the flats are all original so not sure about 16b. Euopean DR's and guns are not my forte anyway and I really couldn't be bothered with alot of them low end ones - although I have one.

banzaibird - thanks - I should have known that or looked up my reference books except they are packed away at present.

For both of you - I look at old DR's that are not flash / need some work and one of my criteria is "if I want to get out of it easily can I do so for the same money I paid for it." In the above case I think it may be hard to sell.

Well for the one we are loooking at, would you really recommend it to a new user who wants a small call DR ? I would feel hesitant in selling it to a newbie who didn't know much.

Secondly, even though 9.3 is bigger than 7mm, with all the newer, cheaper (but still good) DR's from Europe on the market, it doesn't look that good value and I am sure Fabrm or others (Chapuis already has them) will produce 7mm or other small cal DR's.

Hope this explains my position.

500 Nitro

Contact Us NitroExpress.com