banzaibird
(.333 member)
16/08/06 11:21 PM
Re: 400/350

Well its been a while since I started this thread. The guy who had the rifle had second thoughts on selling it and had backed out of a deal. Anyway to make a long story short he sent it to somebody for evaluation (don't know who) and they told him it would take at least $15,000 to restore it. Thus he was no longer interested in keeping the rifle. I ended up getting it for evan less than we were originally talking about for price.

This will be a long term project for me. Some of the work I'll be able to do myself but some will need to be sent away. Currently I've had the action annealed and it is making its way between a couple of engravers to see first who can and who wants to try to work on the engraving problems. I also think that the little bit of pitting on the right barrel will be able to be covered by adding a bit of engraving to the breech end of the barrels.

Anyway the reason I'm giving the update is that it dawned on me that I had the action annealed for the engravers but when it comes to rehardening I'm not sure what to tell the company. Thus anyone have an idea of the hardness or process that a DR receiver should go through?

Bill

Contact Us NitroExpress.com