N320AW
(.224 member)
22/06/06 11:59 AM
Re: Trend in DR Prices?

Have not been here for a long while. This topic caught my eye and I would like to throw my 2 cents in.

Value of products is dependent on demand. And, of course, supply. Prices are not going to be increased on any item unless the demand is there.

Here in the U.S. they keep saying how " great " the economy is. This has been going on particularly for the past few years. I suppose they are right although the economic boom has not lined my pockets!

Example and something I can really relate to. I am a retired corporation pilot and also was formally in aircraft sales for years. Today, there are more PRIVATE JETS here in U.S. than ever before. In fact, the jet manufacturers have been backlogged with orders for years. Amazingly & tellingly . . . the most EXPENSIVE of these aircraft are the ones that are in the highest demand! I'm talking $20 million to $40 million aircraft. I have been assured that this demand is essentially the same worldwide.

My humble opinion is that when the economic conditions decline orders for jets . .. and DB rifles will also. Sure Holland & Holland will be there forever as the prices on their product can keep them paying the rent and electricty bill with relatively few sales.

No. I would not invest in a DB for $$ appreciation. The economy will change in time! I'll take the Certificate of Deposit. I would also borrow the money and try to find me a nice, like new Westley-Richards boxlock in 470NE!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com