Double_Trouble
(.375 member)
05/05/06 09:54 PM
Re: bolt action double rifle ?

Szecsei is still hard at it albeit at a slower pace with his hands but not with his mind....... he continues to create new models, assist in the refining of current models, and is anxiously awaiting the delivery of the first O/U model as produced by Fuchs.

From an earlier post: there are only a few Szecsei rifles with Ti barrels and two that come to mind are the brace (O/U & SxS) of Szecsei Safari Seven hundred a wild cat 1000 grain stopper that this gifted inventor came up with.

The rifles produced by Fuchs have Ti components , namely the reciever and the express sights and ramps, and scope base and rings, so I dont see that the rifles are muzzle light at all. perhaps you have handled one of the 700's and these proto types do indeed feel light at the business end but would be extrememly heavy had Szecsei not used Ti barrels

note: I support your comment on Mr. Bodinson a fine and very knowlegable man indeed.
If you have spoken with Szecsei, then you know that he doesnt mince words and what he builds ...... Works and works well!.......I would dearly love to have one of his rifles as produced by Fuchs ......inventive genious married with exquisite craftmanship,,,,, hard to beat that combo!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com