mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
05/05/06 12:39 PM
Re: bolt action double rifle ?

I have never seen one in the wood and metal leave alone shoot one but when Joseph Szecsei patented various designs I got his address through the gunwriter Holt Bodinson (a fine man from my communication with him) and I corresponded with Szecsei until my wife and I came to the USA, shortly before Fuchs started making two of the many variations designed by Szecsei.

There are many variations of the basic design that is being made by Fuchs including straight pull bolt actions to enable faster repeat shots, drillings and some discarded designs like one version that was based on the Mauser 66 short bolt design to make the rifles shorter and more handy. Szecsei was working on a CRF version also though I have no idea what happened since.

I enjoyed communicating with him - as an inventor who was working hard to perfect his designs he had many ideas and he had the means, courtesy his huge factory making the bodies for Ford vehicles to build whatever he wanted for himself. I would think that barring health problems or licensing and production issues he would have many more designs in the years to come, refinements of what is an initial concept for all practical purposes.

And a post script - there IS a Blaser double bolt, a grotesque rifle with two Blaser barreled actions attached together and two bolts, one on each side operating that particular barrel called the Blaser Duo. The company is so ashamed of this monstrosity that they do not even list it on their website.

Cheers!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com