tinker
(.416 member)
13/04/06 04:50 AM
Getting close...

First off, thanks to *all of you* who have contributed anything to my search for information and advice on handling, loading for, and shooting my J&W Tolley express rifle.
I've learned a lot and this rifle has been a handful for me over the last year or so.

This target was printed this weekend. I only put two rounds through the rifle and really didn't plan on shooting it much as I wanted to work on my new Whitworth Express .458Win bolt rifle.

Gotta say though, I was very happy when I walked out to the fifty yard board and saw what my old rifle had done.

The load is 76grVarget/21grDacron/Fed215/350GrSNRN Hornady in 450NO2NE brass with the shoulder blown forward in the chambers of my rifle.
The barrels are engraved with a charge perscription of 5-1/2 Drams, the velocity of my varget load is 2024FPS.
The bullet holes are 1.3" center to center, the muzzles are .800" center to center.
I haven't shot it at 100yd yet with this load.

I'll shoot it again soon as the weather clears up a bit.
We were shooting between rainshowers and wading around in swampy conditions out at the ranch. Persistence has it's rewards!

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com