DoubleD
(.400 member)
08/04/06 12:27 PM
Re: www.HEYMUSA.com new "PH" - introductory pricin

Now we are learning something

In reply to:

First of all, it is a boxlock as opposed to a sidelock which has the action attached to the side locks. It is also does not have Ornamental Strengthening Plates which is a boxlock which looks like a sidelock.

Got that one figured out

In reply to:

Next, it does not have the useless side clips which may theoretically give side strength, but winde up being excellent little knives for cutting fingers when reloading.

I don't understand this one. Where are these side clips and what do they look like?

In reply to:

It does not have a dolls head but does have a Greener crossbolt which slides though holes in the upper tang coming off the rear of the barrels.

This part I understand. The upper tang is straight sided where it comes down into the action body. The cross bolt must be the oval shape on the upper section of the action behind the breech face.

In reply to:

I imagine it is an Anson & Deeley system but haven't seen a Heym in some time and forget.

You will have to explain this one.

In reply to:

I imagine it has two other locking lugs, probably a Purdey double underbolt system.

I can visualize this and might recognize it if I saw it.

In reply to:

It is also a "clam shell" gun meaning there is extra steel on the side of the action to give added strength. It is like the Searcy PH model in this.

Extra steel where on the sides?

In reply to:

The Heym (maybe or maybe not this model) has ejectors which can be turned off if preferred.

This is pretty straight forward.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com