DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
30/11/03 03:53 AM
Re: .375 Magnum vs Flanged in a double

Like most double rifle owners, I'm not fond of a rimless, or belted rimless cartridge in a double rifle, whether or not it is to be used for dangerous game!

The 375 H&H belted mag double can be bought for a little less because of the chambering.(Read used "NEW" make) This is a boon to the 375 H&H Flanged fan, because the double chambered for the rimless round is easily re-worked to a flanged 375 chamber. A simple cylindrical drilling out of the BELT AREA, for a bushing with an undersize hole through it, can be recut for the flanged chamber, Then cut the flange area, along with reworking the extractor for the flange, and you have a 375 H&H Flanged double! Now, if you want a flanged rifle, that is regulated to 375 H&H Belted mag velocities, you have it! I think, however I would simply see if the factory flanged rounds would regulate first. If they didn't, one can always handload. I do anyway, because most doubles that are chambered for rimless cartridges are very well made, and strong, within reason, and the regulation with factory ammo can usually be improved on by handloading, in any given double, be it old or new flanged, or rimless!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com