iwantadouble
(.300 member)
19/03/06 11:39 PM
Re: "The Sun shall never set on the British Empire

While I am the village idiot when it comes to double rifle values, I thought that the rifle was very well priced when I first saw it. Granted its still just a little out of my current range, it seems to be very realistic and reasonable. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it, and the more I look at it, the more I love it; neat caliber, made by a firm who's name appeals to me, and best of all it has exposed hammers. Maybe I can generate enough funds before it sells to give it a new home, but other expenses at present are making it a wishful thought at best.

As far as the blurriness of it goes, I would tend to say thats more to do with the level of JPEG compression used in the photo than focus or reblacking with a buffing wheel polish job under it. If you look at the tang to the wrist of the stock picture you will see how blurry that is, along with the level of artifacts present in those pictures. Cabela's cranked it down to crappy quality to conserve bandwidth, pure and simple. Not to say the possibility of a reblack isn't present, just that if it is, more than likely the job was a good job that is hidden under a low quality picture.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com