gaugedrifles
(.224 member)
29/11/03 05:52 AM
Re: GaugedRifles - Rhodda Double photos

Dugaboy1, Thank you for the corrections. It was late at night and I was looking at my Crawford SXS 450 when I was typing the description. You are absolutly correct-there is no Cross Bolt and it is a Back-Action Hammer Gun. The Selous Grip was installed at the request of the original owner. I am selling the rifle to the Gun Historic Library at Bass Pro Headquarters in Springfield Missouri. They want a gun with an original Selous Grip. I am working on getting more Rodda History. As you all know Rodda is no longer in business. To make a long History Story short, Rodda went out of business because of the pressure from the British government. It all started because Rodda had set up a store in India and was selling 450 caliber rifles to the locals. The British had passed laws restricting these sales. He died in New York a broke man. I have found his Grandniece in New York. She is trying to get as many of the Rodda records as possible. I will let you all know when and if she succeeds. Best Regards, Wes.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com