510Wells
(.275 member)
16/03/06 11:30 AM
Re: different techniques from bolt gun to double r

Well, where to start?

I have a Searcy also in 500NE and it is a real handful for me.

With a double you should (I thinK) always fire the rear trigger (left barrel) first. If you don't the recoil might jerk your finger off the front trigger and there you go with a double discharge. To give you an idea of the recoil. I always put a bandaid on my trigger finger so the front trigger/trigger guard doesn't wack it and draw blood or cause it to go numb. I am NOT kidding you!

Also you should wrap you front fingers around the forearm AND the barrels to keep the barrels from climbing too much. And you'll want to lean into the gun and HANG ON TIGHT! Make sure you have the butt pad FIRMLY into your shoulder.

The first shot is quite likely to rock you back on your heels or make you have to take a step or two to keep from falling backwards. The next shot or so will be better as you'll have a better idea of what to expect

If you can arrange for some light loads (500 gr. lead bullets, 45 gr. 5744 powder) they wouldn't be bad to start off with.

Hope this helps and that I haven't scared you off, it's fun, really! You just have to "be prepared".

Roi

Contact Us NitroExpress.com