Yogi000
(.333 member)
14/03/06 03:32 AM
Re: Big Bore Gun? Yes or no? Or?

Hi all. I'm back. My mother passed away last Monday evening so I travelled back home to be with family and put her to rest. It truly was a merciful blessing though, since she has been suffering with diabetes and was about to have her second leg amputated. But, naturally, it was a week of grieving.

I am back to work now. I did receive my 12 gauge double smooth bored Brignoli. It is a beautiful gun.

I fired some 3 inch magnums and some high and low powered 2 and 3/4 slugs. I mostly used Remington and Winchester since the Brenneke's and others did not arrive till just now.

Overall, the recoil was NOT as bad as anticipaetd although I would say it is DECISIVE RECOIL. the 1600 fps Winchesters in 2 and 3/4 I thought were meaner, sharper hitting in the recoild department than the 3 inch mags!

I found I was primarily shooting 3 inches low (all well grouped within 2 inches) off hand at 25 yards. The rear site is not adjustable, from what i can tell.

Perhaps I am primarily shouldering the gun a bit high. What do you think? Out of 10 shells I had 2 that were perfect bulls-eyes and 8 that were all low. And the bulls were the 3rd shot and the 8th shot. One was right barrel and one was left. But overall it seemed I was more consistently shooting low.

Overall, I am very pleased with the slug gun. It is truly beautiful. I just need to work out the shooting low situation, and I do want to lessen the recoil some more. It came with a not much of a 1/4 rubber pad on the stock. I also have the Brenneke and Fiocchi slugs to try.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com