bulldog563
(.400 member)
22/02/06 05:11 PM
Re: Krieghoff Classic Big Five

The Kreighoff is a nice rifle. They are definitely accurate and reliable from what I know. I personally would not get one because they have an unusual cocker-decocker for a safety and I would prefer a traditional safety on a DR. Thats just me, some people love the decocker. Also they seem mass produced to me. With the weak dollar you are kind of eating it on the exchange rate so the rifle in my mind is more expensive then it should be.

Unless I could get a smoking deal on a Kreighoff I would look at Merkel, Searcy, heym and Chapuis if you are looking for something NIB. They are in the same price range. If you want an English DR that is another ball of wax. I ended up going with a Searcy because I wanted something new, I like his product the best(especially the new classic) and it is fitted to you/built by hand.

If you do a search you will find this subject has been covered very thoroughly. In fact I would encourage you to do a search on any topic you may be interested in as most of the basics have been covered multiple times before.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com