clark7781
(.375 member)
24/01/06 12:48 AM
Re: Are Doubles just for DG?

Curl:

I just love history, specifically genealogy. I have done extensive research into my own family's history and uncovered some facinating connections. If what I found is correct, I may well be related to English royalty (Like that means anything.)

I joke about my ancestry and say that I have HOARs in my family tree - my gggreatgrand father married a Sarah Jane Hoar, who was the son of James Hoar - he was a member of a "prominent Massachusetts" family and was the cousin of the Senator from MA, George Frisbie Hoar.

The story is interesting, as if my research is correct, James Hoar left New England after getting into "some type of trouble" with (possibly) pirates off the MA coast. He settled in Fayette County, Pennsylvania.

Well, Senator Hoar comissioned a well know genealogist (his name escapes me) to do a genealogical study of his family. He took his family line back to the Lisle line in England, and it is through that peerage, I believe, that connects my line to the royal houses of Europe.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

In checking out your Lord FitzMaurice, on one site it lists his descendants who are still prominent in England.

Facinating stuff...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com