Redleg6
(.224 member)
14/01/06 10:48 AM
Re: W.J. Jeffery History

I received my new (old) rifle today and thought I'd post an update. I'm pretty thrilled!

This is W.J. Jeffery .333 EX ejector double rifle #24382 with Leonard (I think) chopper lump barrels #1887. It has two sets of southgate?? ejectors, one for flanged and one for rimless cartridges. The barrel flats are marked with the caliber, the BP,BV and NP proofs, Cordite 42 and 300 max (sorry Marrakai) markings. The bores are brilliant with flat lands and sharp edged grooves and no discoloration....maybe not quite new, but very good in my uneducated opinion.There are leaf sights for 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards and a rod front sight. The is a doll's head and third bite and the 13 King Street, St.James St., London address.

The reciever has the big headed tigers and standard #3 model engraving, disc set strikers, gold "safe", blank oval, thin Silvers pad and pretty nice wood with many decades of handling marks and a *385 stamped in the wood just behind the plain grip cap. There is no cheek piece.....thanks, I'm a lefty. The water tables are stamped with the BV proof marks. Case color is at about 40% while barrel black is 90%.

I will try to post good pics soon. I think this is going to make a fine piggy rifle if it can make a decent group. Any info you could supply based on the above specs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the welcome to an obviously elite group of knowlegable gentlemen...hope I can live up to the club standards eventually.

Regards,

Bob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com