Lee440
(.224 member)
08/01/06 03:32 PM
Re: Questions about early Searcy double rifles?

Thanks for all the replies, I just realized when reading the last few, that I did not mention, and some folks may not realize, the the early Searcy double rifles were built on a rehardned Browning SXS shotgun action, which is far different than his made for double rifle action that he is currently producing! I apologize for leaving that out!
That is the question that I am trying to find the answer for, are these early guns durable for the long haul, or should I just forget it. For further clarity on my interest in these, I have a line on one that by some possible gun trading and selling off a few weapons from my collection, I would basically be out no cash in acquiring it which I cannot say about buying just about anything else on the used market. Since I am going in Sept. on the hunt, If I could pick up something servicable and not be much out of pocket, it would not have to be cleared through the War Dept! That is my interest in learning about these specific rifles. Thanks again! Lee.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com