BlainSmipy
(.375 member)
08/01/06 02:36 AM
Re: Renting out my double.

I believe the idea here is that there are poor bastards like me that can scrape the money together for the hunt, but not the gun. Yet (I/they) still would like to hunt with a double, the only way then to do this is to barrow one or rent. I personally hate barrowing anything, especially very expensive items like a double gun. If I were to damage it, I'd feel like shit, and likely loose a friend. For a mire $2000.00 I would get the gun for a couple weeks prior for practice; use during the hunt without any concerns about functionality of the weapons I might get from the PH…just plain piece of mind. I equate this to going SCUBA diving in a foreign country and having to rent their shitty gear. It removes from the experience…believe me. Also, since this is a business, there certainly would be no personal attachments to the weapon. I would not rent the rare and loved double of my dreams, but a new industrial grade, functional gun. If it gets abused, I’m not going to cry over it. If it’s damaged, well, that’s what renters insurance is all about.

In the end the renter has the piece of mind that he has his equipment, gets to check it out first, gets use to it and does not worry too much about damaging it and/or loosing a friend (or replacing a very expensive item).

The next question is what gun would you rent out? I think about 5 Merkel’s in 470NE would bring in a nice sustainable profit. It’s a nice rugged gun, not too fancy and they shoot well. I think antique guns would not hold up well, and with parts not being availible are a poor choice.

Colorado

Contact Us NitroExpress.com