JPK
(.375 member)
18/12/05 03:46 AM
Re: When is 'Good Enough' not Good Enough?

Apparently the thought has occurred to Butch Searcy. He has a new rifle coming out that will be called The Classic. I asked him about it and he told me that the new receiver profile allows him to make a trimmer wrist. The barrels will also have a slimmer profile with more taper. All together he believes he will trim a half pound from a 375. This new rifle should come in at 9lbs in 375 and 9 1/2lbs in 450/400. I understand that a larger receiver will be available for 470...

I asked what it would look like and he told me that it would look just like a WR boxlock. Case coloring and all. Price will be $12000 for about 20% coverage in scroll, no articulated trigger, no intercepting sears. Std wood will be exhibition grade and you can select your own in person or via email.

I'm going to send a deposit for a 375 Flanged on Monday. Hope it comes out looking and handling well. I've been looking for a suitable 375 for a while and just find nothing appealing in a price range I'm interested in and absolutely nothing that would fit or could be reasonably made to fit this lefty. Build time is "at least eight months".

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com