mickey
(.416 member)
03/12/05 08:49 AM
Re: new poster here

Here is the answer I posted on AR to your question.

In reply to:

Originally posted by AKA:

In reply to:

Originally posted by Mickey1:
I have an 10.5 pound 577. It is comparable to the 460 in recoil only not as sharp. I would much rather shoot it than a 460. Get a standing rest or shoot it off hand and you will like it.

If you can afford a Bots Ele and a new 577 you can afford the ammo.

I'm leaning toward the 577. Even at 10.5 pounds yours kicks less than the 460? Thanks again

I don't know if it recoils less but it feels as if it recoils less and is less sharp. A Double that you are having made should fit like a glove. A factory made WB is what it is, a little bit of everything, like Budweiser.

Practice shooting standing up and don't get fuckitis and think you need to play with all different bullets. If you get a Searcy use his regulation loads and be happy.

If you decide on another caliber than I think a you ought to get a 470 in case you decide to pass it along after the Safari. It will be easier to move.

If it was me I would get a 577 2 3/4 regulated for the 750 grain bullet at 1900fps. Built at 10-11 pounds. I have a Hollis like that and it may be my favourite big Double, certainly the one I choose to hunt with.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com