holland465
(.275 member)
25/08/03 09:25 AM
Re: Chapuis Armes in .470 NE

Hello Phil,

I have been dealing in double rifles and shotguns for the past 13 years and thought I would give you my opinion as well. I agree with the fellow who suggested that you buy an English gun if possible. The English guns are very easy to sell if the need arises but the continent guns are a lot more difficult to unload! That said, I feel that the Chapius is a very well thought out rifle. I have met the owners of the company and can only say that " They are very nice people who stand behind their products". their double rifles are nicely balanced, are of sufficient weight to prevent being pounded, and they use the double underbite system to lock-up the barrels to the receiver which is a very good system in my opinion. One should not have the problem with the barrels " moving off the face" as you may experience with the chopper lump barrels. The frame is reinforced and the engraving is completely acceptable. You may also have your rifle fitted for a set of shotgun barrels or another set of rifle barrels if you like.
In closing I can honestly say that "These fellows build a nice rifle". Buy one and enjoy it.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com