DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
04/11/05 05:24 AM
Re: Merkel, Kriegoff or Blaser S2

In reply to:

For the modern double rifle enthusiast, a Kreighoff would appear to provide the perfect solution.

Marrakai, this has always been my take on both the Krieghoff, and Blaser doubles! If a person is only going to use one type double for a DGR, then these two are as good as any, if they fit the shooter! If, however, one has been used to the more conventional double, and owns several of these, the system is a draw back IMO. It is also my undertanding that the Blaser, unlike the Krieghoff, is an auto safety, re-setting after the rifle is borken for re-load, a feature one cannot disconect. If this is true, then it is dangerous IMO. I could be wrong in this opinion,of the auto-safety on the Blaser, but that is what I've been told. The rifles is so ugly I never had any desire to shoot one. If in fact it is not reset to "SAFE" after breaking to reload, then it is a matter of misunderstanding on my part. I have shot the Krieghoff some, and it simply doesn't feel like a rifle to me, and the Blaser feels worse!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com