Phil_in_the_UK
(.275 member)
20/08/03 06:48 AM
Re: Chapuis Armes in .470 NE

Honey Badger

No problem with the .375 for deer although I probably wont use it, my 30-06 is enough, seems allowing the .375 for deer is a small concession to the hunters going over seas. I know of a few with .375 on their licence.

You can have ammunition shipped where you like and there are services whereby you can be met at you departure area and take delivery of the expanding ammunition for onward foreign use only, not sure how this is done though. Problem arises if your ammunition does not turn up, a cancelled or ruined hunt hence I wanted something as easily obtainable as possible.

The wording on my licence in relation to the .470 is for zeroing with solids and transport to and from a port of embarkation only. It is doubtful they would entertain anything else. When I made my application, my good reason was hunting dangerous game overseas and I sent copies of correspondence from Previouse hunting trips to prove Previouse interest/use, and also I am a member of the Express Rifle association through BASC.

If you are considering applying for anything I recommend you join BASC and speak to George Wallace, he talks sense.

Regards

Phil

Contact Us NitroExpress.com