Judson
(.300 member)
01/11/05 11:05 AM
Re: Building a double rifle

I will try to redeam my self however I am having a few problems scanning in some pictures so I can only post one at present of the blued double. I should get everything taken care of and I will get more posted. You know, I asked my wife Barb if she would hunt with the .450 # 2 for her deer. She sort of gave me, you know one, of those looks that said you must be insane. Hell I thought it the least she could do since I tagged out with her rifle and cartridge.
When I was looking over the pictures of the building of the double I came across one that showed something I should mention. When cleaning up solder joints, and this goes for any gun, a course 60 degree checkering tool does a real nice job. I used this along the quater rib and along the ribs. Go gently or you will scratch the steel and break the teeth of the cutter and clean the teeth often. This little trick saves lots of time and will slightly under cut so no solder will show.
All right, here we go with the left side I hope!!! If you want I have views of the top and bottom with the skeleton grip cap. Next post, the reversible front sight with the fiber optic. Yes, I realise that is not traditional, but it is practical.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com