Peterb
(.333 member)
31/10/05 05:57 AM
Re: Las Vegas Antique Arm Show - Feb 2006

The Vegas show has never been very vendor friendly, but last time was absolutely horrific. The Mandalay Bay people were complete assholes. Furthermore, the show was on an upper level and the ramp was very steep and high. A second show was also going on so the ramp space was VERY limited. I got there an hour before setup time and waited 3 hours in line. When I finally got up on top the Mandalay people ORDERED us to leave our keys in our vehicles as we went inside to find our spaces. Naturally we said we would then locked our vehicles as we were not nuts. Going inside, we were showed our table spaces but then arguments insued between the show people as to whether we could unload to our tables before we got our badges. To get badges, you were NOT allowed to simply go through the doors to the badge area. You had to go downstairs and all the way to the front and then somehow find your way with poor signs to get to the badge area again. This, of course, delays everyone else unloading. I said I don't need no stinkin badge and some dildo trying to keep me from unloading didn't want my foot down his throat so he went somewhere to bully someone else.

These problems will not be there this time as the show will be on the ground level and we can cart right from the parking lot. The area is bigger than the Riviera and all three shows will be under the same roof.

This is the best gun show in the world. Want to order a gun from Purdey, H&H, or some Austrian custom outfit? They will be there! Want to see what a 4 gauge looks like? There will likely be at least a dozen single and doubles there. New guns, the finest antique guns of all time, and about anything else you can think of will be there. Best of all, I'll be there with fine gunstock wood and a couple Searcy double rifles.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com