DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
11/10/05 06:27 AM
Re: Your Double Rifle...

Aloysius All your questions are valid, and deserve an answer! However, I will answer some of your questions with some other questions!

#1 What year car are you driveing, and what did it cost?

#2 What price range are thinking of for your double rifle?

#3 Do you think a double rifle is worth the asking price?

#1 It always strikes me funny when someone tells me they can't afford a $10K double rifle while sitting in an automobile that costs in the area of $35K!

#2 It seems the average price for a working double is in the area of $10K, to $14K! That being said, the price of a B.Searcy PH is $9.5K, and that is for a rifle made to fit you, and is backed by a man you can trust. That is $500 less than the average 90 yr old used, and some times used up, rifle. To top that off, only half is due on order, and you have 7 mo to 14 mo to get the rest up. That same $9.5K will not buy a used car that is worth driveing, and that will be in the junk yard in 5 yrs.

#3 If you think the double rifle is worth the $10K to YOU, then the problem is solved. drive that automobile two more years, and finance the $10K over two years, at payments that will be far under what those car payments were. IMO, you will never miss a penny of those payments, and In my experience people who have a rifle made to their own spcitications, rarely ever sell them, but they become family treasures to hand down.

The first double rifle I owned only cost me $900, and I had to borrow that! I was only 19 yrs old, 50 yrs ago, and I'm not sorry about any one I've bought since! I can guarentee you the last few I've bought have not cost $900! [color]

Contact Us NitroExpress.com