NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/10/24 10:21 PM
Re: Case labels

Quote:

Quote:

Marrakai, what label do you use for your Jeffery .450/400?

Here is a pic of the brand new (old stock) Jeffery leather trade label I acquired many years ago,
from an out-worker supplying gun-cases to the trade. I am guessing the Jeffery orders had long since dried up,
and iirc the widow was selling off stuff from the workshop following the death of the case-maker.

Unfortunately, my .400NE double is engraved with the Golden Square address.
...but hey, very few admirers would notice that!

That's more like it. Better that "negative" version, light on dark, than the dark on light which looks much plainer.

Thanks very much for posting. Really cool the angle too, adding lots of fun time to staighten it up for recreating. Joking. Thanks for posting.

Cool that the Orr retailer of India was a relative.

I'm not sure if my Jeffery was Orr retailed. The Orr retailer comment related to the WR 10-bore. That comment came from an original Century Arms advertisement I copied about twenty years ago. I'll have to look the WR over to see if Orr is mentioned at all.

The Jeffery .450 NE is most certainly a cousin of your .450/400 NE. I'll have a look over it as well. with its Gaur simple engraving, I'd think the Indian Orr connection quite likely. There have a few Jeffery rifles of this "model" seen over time. Perhaps an off the shelf design for Jeffery and/or Orr?

By the way, the alias "Marrakai", there is a Marrakai plains in the Top End. Is there not similar in India?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com