EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
01/04/24 01:42 AM
Re: A modern custom Howdah pistol

You can put the "switch" in the center to fire both barrels at the same time. There really isnt a center position; but the lever will sorta stay there and when the hammer falls it hits the side of both firing pins. Im not sure what the purpose of firing both at the same time is, anyway, besides some YeeeeHa factor

The first version of the grip was SHORT, as in pinky dangling short. The current is long enough for a full grip BUT theyt insisted on finger groves. Ive yet to see any period Howdah with finger groves.

Perhaps the Diablo might have some Howdah influence; but its pretty clear to me that its more gansta sawed-off inspired. Again I like it (I have two after all), and Id like to tell myself its a Howdah; but thats like saying my kids peddle bike is ready for the Tour de France.

Maybe if they made it with TWO hammers and better grip, (certainly without finger groves). Early in AGC's (the company that builds them), they made a more traditional two hammer, two trigger Caplock BUT they Fd it up with that stupid finger grove grip... That model has since been dropped from the line up. At one point they made a 20 gauge model; but that has also been dropped. Its a shame because I would have preferred a 2o gauge.

AGC's newest market push is to add a grip that allows attachment or an AR stock and a handguard with a picatinny rail. So imagine a Modern Howdah with a folding/sliding stock and a forward handgrip. I like their desire to push the market, they even make crossdraw kydex holsters (after dropping the leather model) and a drop leg model

NOW if they only made a O/U model, Id have to add a third and tell myself I was a modern day "Remington" in a BAD modern day remake of the Ghost Boars of Texas ....

As for the Pedersoli 45/410 guns, they make a Hammer version as well as the hammeless version(s) and even a single trigger version.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com