EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
01/04/24 01:08 AM
Re: The Sabatti Dremel School of Gunsmithing

No I never photographed the muzzles. I had no reason to ever investigate how it was regulated or really how the muzzles looked. What I can tell you is the gun "looked" and shot fine. The longest hunting shot I ever took was maybe 35 yards. That was on a Boar that had taken a particular dislike to me because I kept advancing on him, until he decided to charge.

I hit him in the left side of his chest and found the bullet in the right ham. Im not sure if that was a tribute to the rifle, the cartridge, or me; but the "me part" was probably the least important.

I get the desire for traditional regulation methods and a particular dislike for "Dremel Engineering"; but I also "get" the cost saving nature and the resultant ability to put DRs the price range of working budgets. Think of it like this, the NEW Colt Pythons, have only increased the value of the OLD Pythons. Dremeled Sabattis made DRs available to working class hunters, then those guys wanted better DRs. Thats what led me to Merkles and K-guns and now Im inpursuit of a H&H. I may never get a H&H but I did fondle one with lust, the last time I was in London

Contact Us NitroExpress.com