NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
20/03/24 07:15 PM
Re: A modern custom Howdah pistol

Quote:

Bar-action hammergun here. Easy to make a pistol-grip stock curving downwards behind the trigger-guard.

Back-action hammergun here. Virtually impossible to make a properly proportioned pistol grip behind those locks, and still reach the triggers with your finger!

So while a vintage original probably has to be back-actioned (with curved lock-plates) to look the part, a modern conversion of a hammer shotgun pretty-much cannot be back-actioned.

Thanks for that. A dream of mine has always been to create a Nitro-Wiki with members creating posts, comments, illustrations and images, explaining terms and concepts, brands, techniques. Thought about it 18years ago, one can't proceed too quickly ...

The top lever on a Howdah pistol. Yes maybe that's acreadin for the "saw grip"? I've never shot a sawn off shotgun with a pistol grip. So don't know how much a top lever might be a problem?

I agree aside or bottom lever is so much more desirable.

BTW does anyone know anyone with a Pedersoli Howdah in Australia? Especially the breech loading versions. It would be great to handle one first, say at the International BG, BB Shoot in Darwin later in the year.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com