EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
18/03/24 04:41 AM
Re: A modern custom Howdah pistol

Im not sure Im making my point. YES I totally agree the Pedersoli cartridge guns do NOT look like an Original; but again they are what we have-the only thing we have in a modern adaptation. My guess is that Pedersoli, chose the Ithaca Auto Burglar look because they figured the A/B would have a better sales potential, because its a more recognizable gun. I doubt anyone who hasnt dreamed of hunting India or Afrika, even knows what a Howdah pistol is or wants one.

That leaves us with the Pedersoli. Its NOT perfect. Its far from an Original Howdah; but it meets some of the design features of a Howdah (two barrels, large-ish cartridge), hammers (if you choose the Vintage model). Soooo again I suggest that short of actually needing to stop a Tiger climbing up the side of your elephant, that the Pedersoli does work for a pissed off Wild Boar or Bear and maybe angry four or two legged animals.

Its a modern COMPROMISE for a gun that has zero Original use today; but fills some modern rolls. Liken it to a 2024 Corvette compared to a 72 Stingray or a 63 Split Rear Window Corvette. They arent the same and I lust for a Split Rear Window; but until one is parked in my driveway Ill drive a Mustang in the summer and a Jeep in the winter.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com